Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Komodo Dragon

Don't forget to vote for your favorite kids. Who's going to be in the calender click here!


Drawing this Komodo Dragon was really hard. I thought drawing the buffalo and Elliot was a challenge, but they were nothing compared to this Komodo Dragon. The pictures of the finished dragon were taken with my cell phone so the quality is poor, but I think you'll get the point. I am also posting the reference I used. This drawing was done with pastels (chock). I don't know if I'll do anything in color again. Like I said it was really really hard. I'm glad it is done.

Full Picture 20x30 Waiting to be scanned.



Reference:



Zoomed in on just it's head



Today I am grateful for natural talent. We all have natural talents, some we don't even know are there until something amazing happens. I look forward to Drawing are special little angles soon.

5 comments:

Becca said...

Oh, WOW. That's amazing! You certainly do have natural talent. So far, all three pictures you've done have been amazing. You could make a killing on private commissions--have you done that ever?

Amber said...

NICE Job!!

Grumpster said...

Dragons are for select group. Do you have any scenic landscapes, or can you do request. By the way, it looks great!

Amy Flege said...

beautiful andy!

My Three Sons said...

Okay, I have a favorite picture for my bedroom and I want a bigger picture to go over my bed. It is a Cuban style landscape. Can you draw that?