Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Wordless Wednesday got a little wordy. Dinner is served:

I have to admit I was very shocked to read the negative comments on Rhett's journey today. I have posted lower some clip about the food chain. Next time you eat a hamburger or a steak, I want you to know I've been on a slater floor and if you think the natural order of animals feeding you need to look at your feeding habits. Shame an the people that go and buy meat and not even give a second thought to where it came from. Also what about eggs. They taste great Saturday morning with a couple slices of bacon. You can even get you breakfast out on the golf course.








CAUTION: These links show live animals being feed to snakes. WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK!


Everything in this world has to eat. If we take the animals into our homes we must provide the food they would kill and eat in the wild.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlQyP7ZMv-k&fmt=6&feature=pyv


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JuQfpblygc


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuXwGoOYt58


Today I am grateful for uneducated people. The more you understand how we get our food from the farm to our kitchen tables is a great deal of effort. Ya all better quit eating any fast food. The treatment of the animals raised and killed to feed each of you day by day is less than perfect. Even if you don't take part in the eating a nice juicy steak, or cracking a chicken egg, someone in your family does (Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister, Grandma, Grandpa etc...). I just hope you look at your next hamburger a little differently.

P.S. I love each animal that I take in to care for, but I can also kill anything that in nature would be feed to the animals we care for. ITS JUST NATURES WAY. Eat or be eaten.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!! I agree with you 100%, as much as I can't watch snakes eat things that is a part of life and if dinosaurs were still on earth we would be there food!

Ally in Wonderland said...

I too agree with you 100%!! Although I must admit, I didn't watch the video....not quite sure if I'm up to the challenge...

p.s. my word verification is "himpolor" which made me think of hippos and polar bears...LOL!

Amber said...

don't feel bad about no comments... i loved your date my daughter app, and just didn't leave a comment to let you know. hope you don't mind if i steal it to post on my own blog...

Shari said...

I tried watching, but couldn't get through the first video. I know snakes have to eat what is alive, etc. I just, really, don't like snakes. I am glad you posted! :)

Becca said...

Well, I'll definitely skip the videos. I'm totally not into animals eating each other and refuse to watch Animal Planet (I live in blissful ignorance and like to think that just because I don't see it it doesn't happen, even though I know it's a perfectly normal part of life!) Anyway, I totally forgot about your blog and am glad Pam posted that reminder!! I'll be back!

Stephanie said...

I don't mind watching snakes eat. I've had red tails, burmese, and ball pythons.

What does bother me though is hearing a rabbit scream.

Grumpster said...

Great, what have we become. A world where I have to explain why I am sitting in front of a 1" steak smothered in mushrooms and onions. Oops, did I offend the VFTETV group (Vegetarians for the ethical treatment of veggies. So do snakes burp. OUT